Feb 9, 2011

Indian Curry House 原味咖哩屋

Profile


Phone #:  02-23697621
Website: http://23697621.web66.com.tw/
Price Range:   $$
Accepts Credit Cards: yes
Attire: casual
Good for kids: yes
Take out: yes
Waiter Service: yes
Outdoor seating:  no
Alcohol: no

Rating

Food Quality: 3 out of 5
Decor:  3 out of 5
Service: 3 out of 5
Overall: 3 out of 5
Recommendation: Mediocre pricey curry.

Review
Indian Curry House offers curry set meals at the price of round 200 NT. It is located near NTU in the busy restaurant area across the street from the front gate. There are all sorts of types of curry and ingredients. Each meal comes with two vegetable sides and a drink of choice. I would not recommend eating here because it was not the most pleasant curry, but not the worst either.
I probably dined at a very bad time, and the only person working seemed to be the owner of the entire building. Two customers came in asking for a room rental, and the same person who prepared my food went on to take care of that business. There was no traditional waiter, but an middle-aged Taiwanese lady did everything, and not so cordially. Although the ordering, preparation, and bill was done very promptly. The interior was clean and decorated with paintings. However, I did not see anything Indian, nor was I overwhelmed by pungent spices as I walked in. That alone is a sign that I may not be getting authentic curry. Still willing to step on a mine, I sat down and ordered the lamb curry.
The set meal is very simple. You get a drink of choice, curry of choice, rice, and two sad vegetable sides. I do not like the vegetable sides, and the set is better off without it if the price can be dropped. One vegetable is the common cabbage side you get in rice boxes, and the other is this pickled cucumber/onion/tomato salsa-ish dish that I was not too fond of. The curry itself had a good taste, I picked the mild spiciness, so there was a faint heat to each bite which went well and did not overpower the taste of the curry. The curry was not as pungent as the lamb shank curries I have tried in the states by Indian and Pakistani restaurants, so its not authentic, but it is yummy enough to gobble down. I was really sad that they did not offer nan instead of rice...and the rice they used was horrible. It was kind of hard and did not have the indian rice smell. They did not use the bay leaves or whatever they use to spice the rice. Honestly, I wanted to try Namaste curry next door, but they weren't open so I shifted to this one. I don't think i'll be coming back for this if Namaste proves to have better quality curry and free nan bread. Also, I didn't like the fact that they microwaved that bowl of curry and gave it to me. I feel they should at least simmer the curry or something less tacky.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...