Oct 22, 2010

Conscious Glutton Rice Box 悟饕池上飯包

Profile

            
Phone #:    02-2739-4088
Website: http://www.wu-tau.com/
Price Range:   $
Accepts Credit Cards: idk
Attire: casual
Good for kids: no
Take out: yes
Waiter Service: no
Outdoor seating:  no
Alcohol: no

Rating

Food Quality: 4 out of 5
Decor:  3 out of 5
Service: 3 out of 5
Overall: 3.3 out of 5
Recommendation: Cheap meal that satisfies tastebuds.

Review

If you are ever in need of a fast meal, go to the closest Conscious Glutton Rice Box chain and get yourself a yummy box filled with deliciousness. The price ranges from 70 NT to 130, but most items are 80 NT. The rice box comes with 3 vegetable sides, half a braised egg, a slice of sausage, a slice of ginger, and a main entree of your choice. There is enough rice to be full, and the sides are prepared savory enough. These sorts of eateries will always be kind to your tongue and your wallet. Just compare this to a Panda Express 3 item combo, and then smile.

The decor and service is not very pivotal at a place like this. I just gave both three's for clean tables, fast ordering, and short preparation time. The tables are really close together, since most orders are togo or delivery here. They don't expect a lot of people dining in, but the option is available if needed.
Each set comes with a soup of the day. Today, I got a bowl of miso soup with a surprising amount of tofu inside. Usually, the soups at these places are mostly liquid with very little solid ingredients. Also, last time I came here I had seaweed soup, so it is nice to see that they switch up the soup. This rice box was very easy to devour. This is their 100NT "mountain outlaw grilled chicken" rice box. I naturally went straight for the chicken and it was very tender and juicy. It is covered in this sauce/oil which makes it tasty, but not oily to the point of being too greasy. The 3 vegetable sides are very basic cabbage, A vegetable, and bean sprouts. All these items go well with the rice. Last time I had their fish fillet ricebox, which I don't recommend because they fry their fish, and it was way too greasy for me. I am sure I will be back for this value meal: great food at a great price. I haven't tried any other chain, but I hope keep a certain quality from store to store.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...