Nov 5, 2010

Dragon Oyster Noodles 龍攤蚵仔麵線


Profile

Website: N/A
Price Range:   $
Accepts Credit Cards: no
Take out: yes
Waiter Service: no
Outdoor seating:  yes
Alcohol: no

Rating

Food Quality: 3 out of 5
Decor:  3 out of 5
Service: 3 out of 5
Overall: 3 out of 5
Recommendation: Cheap snack.


Review
In the Gong Guan Night Market, there is a Oyster Noodle and Stinky Tofu stand on the west side of the Shui Yuan Market. They sell Oyster Noodles at 35 NT a bowl and a plate of stinky Tofu for 40 NT a bowl. They are open until 11 or 12 depending on the customer flow, even on a rainy day. Their food is average, and nothing to wow about.
The oyster noodle was not the best in the area. I have eaten at 2 other establishments, but I will have to post on them at another time. This was an average tasting bowl, not very salty or garlicky. Their soup was heavier on the vinegar. I did not like the fact that they pre-fried their ingredients with yam starch, because it makes the oysters, pig intestine, and fish cakes all carry a slimy texture with it. This is a common preparation method for most establishments, but I don't prefer it. Nothing really stood out the bowl they offered. They did not serve fresh ingredients, a large amount of ingredients, nor was their soup particularly flavorful. It just was ok enough for me to eat.

The stinky tofu was just average too. It wasn't really stinky, and the sauce they was more garlic heavy. It is what you expect out of an average stinky tofu stall. I did not like this stinky tofu particularly because they did not fry the tofu enough to give it a crispier skin. I don't belive it was the sauce that sogged it up because I noticed that the skin was soft the first bite I took. I like a fried stinky tofu with more of a crunch on the outside, yet soft and tender in the inside. Each bite should pervade with the stench of the stink, but these tofu lacked this central element. I will need to search around for a more pleasing plate of stinky tofu.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...